Catholic Biblical School
The Hartford Catholic Biblical School (CBS) was created as part of the Archdiocese of Hartford in response to the Church’s call to make Scripture studies available to all Christian faithful. CBS provides adult learners with the background, skills and tools to read the Bible according to the teachings of the Catholic Church and actively invites students into closer relationship with God through engaging the Bible carefully, thoughtfully and prayerfully.
For over 25 years, CBS has empowered hundreds of individuals and faith communities throughout the
Archdiocese of Hartford to integrate Bible study with prayer and Christian living. CBS faculty and staff prepare adults to be evangelizing witnesses to the Gospel and to lead a variety of biblical ministries.
Our classes are open to all adults who have completed High School or the equivalent. Current students range in age from 18 to 90+.
You may find the following links to be helpful as you explore all that the archdiocesan Biblical School has to offer:
The Catholic Biblical School has several related objectives:
- Bringing adults into closer relationship with God’s revealed word, Christ Jesus;
- Preparing adults to be evangelizing witnesses to the Gospel in word and deed;
- Integrating Bible study with prayer and Christian living;
- Fostering vibrant Christian communities through the power of God's word
- Responding to the call of the United States Bishops for opportunities for more thorough scriptural studies on the part of all Catholics;
- Preparing adults to lead biblical ministries;
- Avoiding confusion among Catholics resulting from interpretation of the Bible contrary to Church teaching and biblical scholarship.