Applying to CBS
Who Should Apply?
The CBS Core program is recommended for all who desire to meet the Lord in a deeper way through Sacred Scripture and invites adults to apply who expect to be able to complete the requirements for 2-4 years. Prior experience with Bible study is not required.
To apply for enrollment in the Catholic Biblical School you need to complete four steps:
- Watch three short videos which will give you some important information about the Catholic Biblical School (CBS). They can be found below under the heading What You Need to Know First.
- Complete the online application form in full between May 1 and August 30 to begin CBS in September. Click here to access the application.
- Email the Catholic Biblical School Director at Catholic.Biblical.School@aohct.org to set up your virtual interview.
- Submit a tuition deposit of $205 (half the annual tuition*).
*Tuition for one year in the Biblical School currently stands at $410. Tuition does not include required textbooks. There is an additional administrative fee for those who wish to enroll as a "for-credit" student at Saint Thomas Seminary. For information about fees, textbooks and “for credit” options, see Frequently Asked Questions.
What You Need to Know First
Before you can schedule your enrollment interview, you need to watch two video briefs linked below. Please note, you will be asked to sign in to view them.
- Essential Learning Components: This 9-minute video highlights the five educational requirements you commit to when you enroll in the Catholic Biblical School.
- Unpacking CBS “Homework: This 8-minute video describes the hands-on practice in biblical interpretation provided through weekly lessons and home studies.
For more information, please contact:
Archdiocesan Director of the Catholic Biblical School