Teacher Application Process
Application for Teacher Positions
Applications should be completed in full by the applicant and will be automatically submitted to The Center for Catholic Education and Formation (The Center) upon agreeing to the verification statement as the last step in the application form. This application is required by each parish school or high school that wishes to fill a teacher vacancy. A representative from The Center will contact you once your applicant file is complete, to set up a preliminary interview. Final decisions on hiring are made by the employer of the parish or school corporation as the case may be.
No individual may be hired for a teacher position without completing this process.
- Applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree with a major in the grade level or subject area for which they are applying; state certification is required. Some exceptions may apply. You will be able to upload your transcripts and resume at the end of the application.
- Please make sure you have the dates and names of previous employers and the names and contact information for your references.
- The application includes two writing prompts. It is recommended that you reflect on and compose responses to the prompts (consisting of no more than 500 words each) ahead of time in a separate Word/Google document then copy and paste it into the application. The application cannot be submitted without these responses.
The prompts are as follows:
- Please write a statement indicating your understanding of the purpose of a Catholic school education, your personal qualifications for employment in a Catholic school, as well as how your experiences will help advance the Archdiocesan Purpose and Vision for Catholic School Education.
- Please write a statement describing your familiarity with instructional technology and it's uses in education. Include your understanding of how technology can individualize, differentiate and enhance learning.
Your application will be considered “in process” until all required documents are received. If your qualifications meet our requirements, we will contact you to schedule an interview. In addition to the application, the following documents are required to complete the application process:
- evidence of state certification (if applicable)
- letter of recommendation from your pastor/parish priest
- college transcript(s)
- an up-to-date resume
Bloomfield, CT 06002
- undergo a fingerprint background check;
- participate in the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Training Program;
- attend the next orientation for new teachers.
If you have any questions, please contact:
(860) 242 - 5573 ext. 2650