Congratulations to the following schools for their outstanding work at the State Championship held on Saturday, March 18, 2023:
- Teacher of the Year Award – Saint Mary School, Simsbury - Gina Raymond
- Teamwork 2nd Place – Saint Bridget School Cheshire - Team 11111F (This team qualified for the World Championship Game)
- Create Award – Saint Bridget School, Cheshire - Team 11111F
- Sportsmanship Award – Saint Mary School, Simsbury - Team 94600A
- Energy Award - Saint Mary School, Simsbury - Team 94600A
- Inspire Award – Saint Matthew School, Forestville -Team 70220C
Elementary Schools Compete in VEX Robotics Competition
Over 120 students representing twelve Catholic Elementary Schools in the Archdiocese of Hartford competed in a VEX Robotics competition on Saturday, February 4, 2023 at Saint Matthew School in Forestville. Student teams designed and built robots and then worked together with other school teams to strategize the best way to collect points in one-minute rounds. In addition to advancing students STEM learning, this competition exposed them to effective communion, collaboration, and time-management skills in an fast-paced and purposeful way.
About VEX Robotics:
All students are natural scientists and engineers. They love to question, tinker, experiment and play. VEX competitions foster these skills and capitalize on the motivational effects of competitions and robotics to help all students create an identity as a STEM learner. The VEX Robotics competition prepares students to become future innovators with 95% of participants reporting an increased interest in STEM subject areas and pursuing STEM-related careers.