The Center for Catholic Education and Formation offers a variety of support and resources to the school communities we serve in the Archdiocese of Hartford.
- Administrators will find valuable resources for their schools. For a list of our administrators, click here.
- Teachers will find curriculum standards and other faith resources here.
- Coming soon! Parents will find a variety of resources and information about our schools on this page. To find a school in the Archdiocese of Hartford, click here.
- Faith Resources, including seasonal resources, can be found on this page.
If you would like to share a resource with us, or have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Resources for Times of Tragedy
The USCCB stated today: “There have been too many school shootings, too much killing of the innocent. Our Catholic faith calls us to pray for those who have died and to bind the wounds of others, and we join our prayers along with the community in Uvalde and Archbishop Gustavo García-Siller. As we do so, each of us also needs to search our souls for ways that we can do more to understand this epidemic of evil and violence and implore our elected officials to help us take action.”
It is so very difficult to talk with children and youth about tragedies and violence in our world, especially violence against young people. Below are resources which will help you in having these conversations with those you minister to. It is during these tragic times that we are called to bring the light of Christ to those who are saddened and faced with hopelessness.
- Prayer After a Tragedy
- Litany of Prayers after Texan School Shooting
- Prayer in Time of Tragedy
- Loyola Press: Praying as a Family in Times of Tragedy
- Faithward: Prayers for Times of National Tragedy
- Catechist: We Gather To Pray: Prayers for Times of Trouble or Sadness
- Confronting a Culture of Violence (USCCB)
- Talking With Children About Violence (US Department of Justice)
- From the American Psychological Association:
- Tips for Talking to Youth After Traumatic Events
- Tips for Talking with and Helping Children and Youth Cope After a Disaster – A Guide for Parents, Teachers and Caregivers
- How to Recognize and Honor Big Feelings – A Guide from the San Diego Country Office of Education
- Discussing Hate and Violence (ADL)
- Discussion Difficult Situations With Your Children (NPTA)
If you have a resource you would like to share, have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at: The Center for Catholic Education and Formation, 860- 242-5573. For more resources visit the Catechist Resource Page of our website.