Catholic Religious Emblems Training for all Scouts BSA Leaders.
The training will review the following emblems: Light of Christ, Parvuli Dei, Ad Altare Dei, Pope Pius and Adult Awards.
February 18, 2023
8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
This meeting will be virtual, register here!
Scouts BSA Chaplain Aide Training for all Faiths
For more information on the Chaplain Aide duties, go to www.scouting.org. Unit Leaders are encouraged to train at least one scout from every unit. If you would like to attend a training for Chaplain Aide, please contact us.
Catholic Committee on Scouting Retreat
Each year the Catholic Committee on Scouting hosts a retreat. This weekend retreat is open to all Scouts BSA, Venture Crews, Sea Scouts and leaders. Webelos are invited if accompanied by a parent. Cost is $30 per person and includes supplies and meals. More information coming soon!
Archdiocese of Hartford - Catholic Committee on Scouting
The Catholic Committee on Scouting was established to promote the spiritual, citizenship and character development of Catholics involved in either the Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts program. Scouting is recognized as a very important part of the Youth Ministry program within the Archdiocese of Hartford. The Catholic Committee is responsible for:
- Promotion and assistance in training of Catholic youth and adults.
- Promotion of religious emblems programs and recognition.
- Training of religious emblems counselors and leaders in spiritual development.
- Promotion of scouting as a youth ministry for parishes.
- Providing spiritual enrichment for scouts through various activities.
- Recognition of those who have both completed spiritual enrichment programs and those who have given so much of their time and talent.
- Documenting all those who have been trained, attended functions and received recognition.
- The Center for Catholic Education and Formation and Catholic Committee on Scouting have materials and services available to promote and enhance the programs within the Archdiocese. The goal of this committee is to enrich and nurture the spiritual needs of our scouts and leaders. Catholic Scouting plays an important role in the development of our children’s relationship with the Lord and with His Church. We are grateful for our scout leaders and for their many hours of work and dedication. We hope that more of our youth and adults become involved in Catholic Scouting. We also pray that almighty God may continue to bless the work of this important ministry.
Religious Emblems Activity Booklets
All applications need to be submitted to The Center for Catholic Education and Formation by April 1 in order to be eligible for this year awards ceremony. The fees for each emblem are listed below. Please make checks out to The Center for Catholic Education and Formation. The committee will review all applications before a letter announcing the award and other information will be sent home. If you have any questions, please email Jennifer.McClintock@aohct.org.
- God is Love (Girl Scouts) - $10.00
- Family of God (Girl Scouts) - $10.00
- Light of Christ (Scouting BSA) - $10.00
- I Live My Faith (Girl Scouts) - $10.00
- Parvuli Dei (Scouting BSA) - $10.00
- Mary, the First Disciple (Girl Scouts) - $15.00
- Ad Altare Dei (Scouting BSA) - $15.00
- Spirit Alive (Girl Scouts) - $15.00
- Pope Pius XII (Scouting BSA) - $15.00
- Missio (Girl Scouts) - $15.00
- Parent Pins for all Scouting BSA emblems - $4.00