Article for Parents
The Easter season is a great season of hope. Sometimes parents need to discover new ways to help their children recognize this all important virtue. This secular article, Activities to Help Children have Hope and Change their Lives, suggests many ways parents can help their children find hope in tough times. Many of the suggestions are tied directly into our faith practices: serving others, being grateful, and sharing stories of hope. For Christians, this hope lies in Jesus! This article can guide parents in helping their children connect to the spirit of the Easter season.
Resurrection Themed Crafts and Games
- Printable Easter Bingo
- He Is Risen: Empty Tomb Craft
- Mini Resurrection Garden
- The Risen Jesus
- Watercolor Cross Craft
- Coin Covered Cross
- Father Mikes’ Easter Special (4 minutes)
- Easter Traditions from Catholic Central (3 minutes)
- The Easter Story (11 minutes)
- The World Blessing: Easter 2022 (11 minutes)
- Christ the Lord is Risen Today Hymn (3 minutes)
Easter Prayers for 2022: These prayers from Hallow Catholic Meditation app, include a morning prayer, a mealtime prayer and many prayers that are well suited for children.
Here’s a list of story books that will focus on the theme of resurrection and the events of Easter.
- Earth Day Resources from Strong Catholic Family Faith
- Earth Day (April 22) is the perfect time to help Catholics in your area respond to Pope Francis' call to "be 'protectors' of creation"! (CRS)
- Backyard Scavenger Hunt for Earth Day (Building Faith)
- 10 Care for God’s Creation Printables for Catholics to Use at Home (Sadlier)
- Earth Day at Home (Earth Day) - Activities to do at home on Earth Day
- Ten Ways to Help the World on Earth Day (CRS) - Get Catholic Climate Covenant's free, downloadable Earth Day Program Guide.
- With family or friends, pray this Prayer to Care for Our Common Home (USCCB)
- Watch the video on Care for God's Creation from the CST101 video series by CRS and USCCB.
- Use these resources for liturgy and preaching on the Sunday before or after Earth Day to call attention to our role in caring for God's creation.
- Learn how local community organizations, including those funded by the Catholic Campaign for Human Development, are addressing environmental issues. Join their efforts!
- Gift Green Street Park or Drop by Drop to your parish's religious education program or school. Both of these children's books are about kids caring for creation.
- Gather with a group of friends and reflect on Laudato Si' using USCCB's discussion guide in English and Spanish.
- Share this Laudato Si' bullet insert, in English and Spanish, in your parish.
- Get inspired by what others are doing to Act Together to care for creation. Advocate!
- Tree of Life Gratitude Activity
Lenten Resources en Espanol:
- From RCL Benziger
- 40 Maneras de Prepararse para la Pascua
- Holy Week in Three Minutes from busted Halo
- Preparing for Lent Fr. MIke Schmidt
- Where Jesus Walked | Full Movie - YouTube
- Forty Days of Lent activities from Sister Janet Schaffler
- Works of Mercy Chart from the Diocese of Des Moines
- Lent with Little Ones
- Illustrated guide to Triduum
- 7 Meatless Soup Recipes for Lent
- An Examination of Conscience for Children from the USCCB
- Soul-nourishing Practices for Lent from Sadlier
- 40 Lenten Ideas
- 101 Fasting Ideas
- Justice Focused Lenten Mass
An Immersive and Interactive Experience for Children and Youth Stations of the Cross on Seven Last Words
Lent and Easter Kit at Home from Building Faith
Make Room: A Child’s Guide to Lent and Easter from Paraclete Press
Stations of the Cross: Prayer Cards
For more information contact:
Archdiocesan Director of Faith Formation
860 - 242 - 5573 ex. 2663