Adult Faith Formation
The OEEC has begun to curate two different menus of resources:
- The first is for those who minister to adults in faith formation.
- The second is for those adults seeking faith formation of their own.
These documents are continually being edited and expanded by the OEEC as we become aware of more resources and explore new options. We especially welcome any suggestions of resources, programs, or tools that you have experienced.
Please contact us to share feedback!
GEMS: Great Endeavors Mined and Shared is a monthly newsletter of best practices for adult faith formation. You can sign up to receive the GEMS monthly newsletter direct to your email, as well as access the archived newsletters, by visiting Sr. Janet Schaeffler, OP’s website.
The National Conference for Catechetical Leadership (NCCL) provides a monthly magazine online called Catechetical Leader. It is chock-full of excellent pieces by national experts, and this summer was no exception. An article entitled How to Put Adults at the Center of Formation was very clear and practical. You can read CL, as well as other excellent blogs on matters of adult faith formation, by visiting the Blog section of the NCCL website.
Other helpful blogs include:
- Adult Faith Formation Practices For Mature Adults
- Faith Formation With Older Adults
- Navigating The Transitions Of Midlife Adult Faith
Archived Webinars on Adult Faith Formation
Ave Maria Press runs a number of excellent webinars on a variety of catechetical matters, and they are archived as far back as 2013, still accessible for viewing. Some excellent adult faith formation options include:
- Adult Faith Formation Practices for Mature Adults
- Faith Formation for the Generations & Seasons of Adulthood
- Faith Formation with Older Adults
- Navigating the Transitions of Midlife Adult Faith
As you become aware of other resources and opportunities for adult faith formation,
please do share them with the OEEC, by contacting: OEEC@aohct.org
For more information contact:
Archdiocesan Director of Faith Formation
860 - 242 - 5573 ex. 2663